Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cryptomnesia

     As you may have guessed I suffer from cryptomnesia Not only that I have been misspelling it for 20 years.  And not only that, blogger thinks it is wrong when I have spelled it right.  But I digress.  I will read something that I read maybe ten years ago. I will think "I have trumpeted that as my idea for the last five years".  Such is the risk we take when we love something we read.
      We have so many things in our head, isn't logical to think that some of them might spill out?  And maybe we think we have created these wonderful ideas ourselves?  Try to write a fairy tale.  Chances are that you will reassemble and recreate one from your past.  Think about our education.  So much stuff was crammed into our heads and never one time were we supposed to remember the source. Until we started writing book  reports and such.  Then plagiarism reared its ugly head.  
     I have never consciously stolen anyone's work.  But if I am accused, I will admit that I stole the idea from Shakespeare.  After all, he wrote about everything and his stuff is in the public domain.  That reminds me of line I heard somewhere.  "I wish I had said that, but then again I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment